🔸Qatar’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson described the Islamic Republic of Iran’s request to allow the International Committee of the Red Cross to enter the matter of the Iranian pilots as a “media ploy,” and said Iran has not yet responded to this country’s invitation to examine the issue.

🔸Majed Al Ansari said on Tuesday, 27 Mordad, “Doha’s invitation to the Iranian delegation to travel to Qatar and review this case remains in place, but Tehran has not yet responded to Doha’s invitation to send a delegation to Qatar.”

🔸The remarks come three days after Qatar firmly denied the Islamic Republic’s claim that three Iranian pilots were “taken prisoner.”

🔸The Missing Persons Search Committee of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic had previously claimed that of four pilots of two Su-24 fighter jets that were targeted by air defenses on February 1, 2026 during a mission against a military base in Qatar, three were “taken prisoner by Qatari forces,” and had asked the International Committee of the Red Cross to intervene to clarify their situation.