🔻BBC Sport reported that Kevin Lamour, FIFA’s senior operations director, left the organization less than three weeks after sharply criticizing Gianni Infantino’s proposed plan to sell shares in FIFA competitions to private investors. FIFA has not commented on the report of his dismissal.

🔹In a statement, a FIFA spokesperson said: “FIFA confirms that the cooperation between FIFA and Kevin Lamour in the role of Chief Operations Officer ended on 17 August 2026. FIFA thanks Kevin for his two years of service and wishes him success in the future.”

🔹According to BBC, FIFA did not comment on reports that Lamour had been dismissed, but on Monday evening Matthias Grafström, FIFA’s secretary general, informed the institution’s staff of Lamour’s departure via an email.

🔹Last month, Lamour described FIFA’s controversial project known as FIFA Enterprise, or FFE, as “a one-man project,” and said: “Now is the time for political leaders of football to ask the right questions of themselves and make the right decisions.”

🔹He also said that FIFA’s own executives were “misled” about the project, which has now been shelved.

🔹Read more here.