🔻Ismail Baghaii, Iran’s foreign ministry spokesperson, at the press conference on 26 Mordad said about the situation of the missing Iranian pilots: “Until the status of the pilots is clarified, it is assumed that they have been taken prisoner.”
He said that these four pilots, in the first days of the war, had been sent toward American bases to carry out a defensive mission and disappeared during the mission. Baghaii added that the first correspondence with the Red Cross was carried out on 25 Esfand, and Iran is currently following up on their situation through its embassy in Doha.
The body of Majid Kazemi, one of these four pilots, was laid to rest after being found in Shiraz on 9 Mordad.
On the other hand, Majd Anşari, Qatar’s foreign ministry spokesperson, on Sunday, 25 Mordad, strongly rejected Iran’s claim about the “captivity” of three Iranian pilots in Qatar, and said that, in light of ongoing diplomatic efforts to reduce tensions in the region, he was very surprised by the proposal of “such misleading statements at this time.”



Comments
Top comments