Trump says he has launched an “unprecedented economic campaign” against Iran
🔸The head of the United States said that he has launched a new and large campaign to target Iran’s economy and warned that any country that helps or trades with the Islamic Republic will face “very severe” penalties.
🔸Donald Trump wrote on his social media platform, Truth Social, on Wednesday evening, 28 Mordad: “Today, I announce the most devastating economic operation that has ever been carried out against any country! It will be an economic war and isolation on an unprecedented scale.”
🔸He added: “I also announce that any country that allows its financial institutions, businesses, airports, or government agencies to provide any lifeline for Iran will face very severe economic consequences.”
🔸The U.S. president did not specify what penalties countries would face, and did not name any other country besides Iran.
🔸He said: “No one has given the Islamic Republic of Iran an opportunity to reach a deal as much as I have. But, tragically, they failed to take advantage of this opportunity... Their navy has been destroyed, their air force has been brought down, their military factories are now piles of rubble, their national currency is worthless, and their country is hanging by a thread.”
🔸In June, Iran and the United States signed a memorandum with the aim of ending the war, reopening the Strait of Hormuz, which had been closed during the fighting, and also laying the groundwork for reaching a broader agreement, but that understanding later effectively collapsed amid mutual accusations of violations of commitments and the resumption of fighting in the Strait of Hormuz.



Comments
Top comments